key dates and events:
- Mar 7, 14, 21, 28: Saturday Morning Tai Chi in Anthem Park - 8:00 a.m. - Join us!
- Mar 9: Full Moon Labyrinth Walk - 7:00 p.m. at Peaceful Spirit Enrichment Center
- Mar 23-27: Grandmaster Franklin Wood - series of events in Sun City (see flyer for locations and details):
- Mar 23: Tai Chi 108 Set 2 Workshop - 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Mar 26: Tai Chi Workshop 1 - 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
- Mar 26: Chinese Tea Ceremony - 1:00 p.m. to 1:45 p.m., followed by Singing Bowls Meditation 2:15 p.m. - 3:10 p.m.
- Mar 27: Tai Chi 108 Set 3 Workshop - 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Mar 28: Singing Bowl Meditation with Grandmaster Franklin Wood - 2:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. at Yoga Breeze Studio
chinese lunar new year
The Chinese Lunar New Year celebration at Desert Ridge Marketplace in February was spectacular, with two troupes of lion dancers, and tai chi and kung fu demonstrations for all ages. In the photo above, Dan demonstrates fan form with his fellow instructors at 9 Dragons Kung Fu.
Saturday morning Tai Chi in the Park is back
Enjoy the beautiful March weather each Saturday in March and beyond. We meet just east of the duck pond at 8:00 a.m. We'll be practicing just as we do in class. A couple of notes:
- Wear comfortable outdoor shoes (not your tai chi shoes)
- Those with weapons, bring them!
- Bring water
I hope to see you there!
March Events with Grandmaster Franklin Wood
Once again, Grandmaster Wood will be visiting Phoenix with a series of events and workshops later this month. Dates and times are listed above. Click here for the flyer with details about the Sun City events, locations, and costs. Discounts are available if you want to attend multiple workshops. Contact Elisa (phone and email on the flyer) for more information.